SDG-implementation at national level: What's the point of national reports?
ORGANIZED BY SOCIAL WATCH IN CO-OPERATION WITH ALLIANCE SUD, ARAB NGO NETWORK FOR DEVELOPMENT AND GLOBAL POLICY FORUM
The national voluntary reporting to the High Level Political Forum of ECOSOC is a practice that has gained traction, as dozens of governments are volunteering each year to participate and contribute their VNRs. A number of CSOs have prepared their own shadow or spotlight reports to follow-up on their governments efforts to implement the 2030-Agenda. Rising inequalities and the need to substantially change policies to achieve the SDGs is a common theme in many of them. Is there a meaningful dialogue between the official and the alternative reports? What is the value of the whole exercise?
The event aims to:
- share experiences of CSO shadow reports on national implementation; and
- engage government and CSO-representatives in a discussion on national implementation, CSO participation and accountability
- Roberto Bissio (Social Watch)
- Clarisse Sonon (Social Watch-Benin)
- Ziad Abdel Samad (Arab NGO Network for Development, Lebanon)
- Iara Pietricovsky (INESC, Brazil)
- Mark Herkenrath (Alliance Sud, Switzerland)
- Rene Raja (Social Watch - Philippines)
- Sakiko Fukuda-Parr (New School)
- Ambassador Michael Gerber, Swiss Special Envoy for Global Sustainable Development